The Borough Theatre opened in September 1877 on Bank Hey Street. The building was sold and renamed Bannister’s Bazaar in 1879, and then became Feldman’s Theatre after Bert Feldman purchased it in 1927. Feldman’s Theatre was later renamed Queens Theatre. On 4 August 1963, the Beatles played here and at the ABC. It was a particularly chaotic concert, as crowds of fans blocked the venue’s entrance. The Beatles had to be ushered in through a construction site, across scaffolding, and lowered through a trap door in the roof.
The theatre was demolished in the 1970s to make way for a C&A store, now occupied by TK Maxx.


Provided by © Steve Gomersall

Text source: Google AI Overview
Images by © Deeper Blue Marketing & Design Ltd